You can register temporarily with a GP near where you’re staying if you’re ill or need medical advice while you’re away from home – for example, if you’re working, studying or on holiday.
You’ll stay registered with your permanent GP, but you can see your temporary GP for up to three months. Please note, charges may apply for this service if you are visiting from outside the European Union.
Your temporary GP will pass details of any treatment you have to your permanent GP, who will add the information to your medical records.
Try to have the following information with you when you see your temporary GP for the first time:
- details of any medical conditions
- details of medical conditions you’ve had in the past
- the name of any medicines you’re currently taking
- details of any allergies
- contact details for your permanent or previous GP
- proof of personal identification
- address and telephone number for your temporary place of residence
If you are residing near Boroughloch Medical Practice and need to see a doctor please click on the button below: